Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Introduction


Hi.


My name is Sarah Anndrea White. I am an 18 year old first year at Sweet Briar College. Over the past few years I have gained a lot of weight. As a child I never really had friends so I never went outside. I didn't do any exercising and because both my parents worked, meals where never the healthiest. It was fast food that they would pick up on their way home from work. Needless to say I was mad fun of for my weight. And on top of that I am pre diabetic and at a high risk for heart disease. I attended a weight loss camp the summer after 6th grade and although I lost weight, I couldn't keep it off because home wasn't like camp. We didn't have the same foods and I didn't always have the resources to get the foods that I would need. So the weight came back and it came back with a vengeance. Through out the rest of middle and high school my heaviest was 330 lbs. At age 17 i was 330 lbs. I was twice the size of everyone else my age. And heavier than some professional football players. The summer before senior year I went to Camp Pocono Trails (which I loved by the way, and would love to work there this coming summer). I was able to loose 25 pounds in 5 weeks. Which was good, except for again home is not like camp. I was not walking up a giant hill every morning to get to breakfast anymore. I didn't have zumba or kick boxing every day and I didn't have the money for the food I needed. Also that is a lot of weight to loose in a short period of time. The other reason why I did not succeed was because I had not yet mad the mental decision to change. 

Which is why I am here starting this blog. This school year is notorious for the Freshman 15 and I refuse to gain those 15 pounds. So I decided I was going to do the Mission Slimpossible Challenge. I first heard of this on Chelsea Settles' Blog. At first I was apprehensive until I saw the facebook page ( Mission Slimpossible Challenge) and how many people where going to be doing it as well. Now the challenge started on Sunday the 28th of October. And today I thought that if I started writing down everything in a public place I would feel more responsible to keep up with it. So starting today there will be a a daily post of my daily food intake (what i ate and caloric intake as well as pictures), and what my work out consisted of that day. Also this is going to be a place for me to express what difficulties I may be having, or even personal problems that I may ask for your advise.  And every sunday there will be a weight-in post where I will post a picture (it will always be the same outfit) of me and *evil sounds* the scale. 

Go look at the links in the blig to get all of the details of the challenge if you would like to join.




 FOOD JOURNAL

 Breakfast

-Frosted Flakes (2.5 servings)
-Lactaid Milk (130 calories)
Total Calories: 415 </font>

Lunch

-Spinach Leaves, Raw (2 servings, 42 Calories)
-Cucumber Slices (0.75 servings, 8 calories)
-Broccoli Mini Spears (0.25 servings, 6 calories)
-Italian Dressing (1 serving, 70 calories)
-Hard-boiled Egg (3 servings, 240 calories)</font>
Total Calories: 367

Dinner

-5.5" hoaggie roll (185 calories)
-Spicey Brown Musterd (1 serving, 0 calories)
-Cucumber Slices (1 serving, 11 calories)
-American cheese(2 slices, 120 calories)
-Hard Boiled Eggs (1 egg, 70 calories)
Tuna Salad (.75 servings, 274 calories)
Total Calories:660

Snack

-Ricekrispy Treats (1 serving, 207 calories)
-Chocolate Cupcake (1 serving, 131 calories)
Total Calories: 338

Water

20oz.

Other Drinks

Tazo Green Tea (0 calories)
Gatoraid (15 calories)

Daily Total Calories: 1,794


Exercise

15 minutes on Eliptical
11 burpees
ab crunch: 3 sets of 10 (30lbs.)
Back Extension: 2 sets of 10 (50lbs)
Seated Leg pres: 2 sets of 10 (30lbs.)
Leg Extension: 2 sets of 10 (30lbs.)
Seated Leg Curl: 3 sets of 10 (55lbs.)
30 twist crunch things with 7lbs. weight
Total time: 45mins




Burpees

11/11









No comments:

Post a Comment