Saturday, February 23, 2013

Recovery

It's been a while. To sum it up. I got sick. Really sick. I couldn't eat for two weeks, like i couldn't keep anything in my stomach.  I got dehydrated because I was unable to drink anything. It would literally making my stomach cringe. If you saw pictures of me during that time. I didn't lok like my normal self. I looked like death had come over me, and that's how I felt. I was in and out of the health center everyday. They had to pump me with 2 liters of saline, gave me so many different meds and nothing was helping.
By Saturday, the 9th of february, it got so bad that my mom decided to drive down, 6 hours alone, to look over me. She was only going to stay till Monday after my classes. Turned out I needed to go back to the hospital, because the Nurse Practitioner thought it was my gallbladder. So to the hospital we went. Turns out I had sludge in my gallbladder. They admitted me to the hospital Monday night, and Tuesday afternoon I got my gallbladder taken out.
This had to be the scariest thing ever, I was in a hospital I didn't know, in a different state about to have surgery. I couldn't stop crying. I also couldn't stay awake for more than 2 hours. I was exhausted. I still am. I went home from the hospital that Wednesday. I felt terribly sick. I threw up, I couldn't stay awake. It was the worse experience ever. I was just glad that my mom was able to come down and take care of me. I don't know what I would have done if my mom had not come down.
I tried going to my classes the next Monday, and just going to Spanish, which was only 50 minutes long, I was so tired. Honestly I just couldn't physically and or mental handel the pain, at school by myself. So it was set up so that I could go home for a week and recover. And thats where I am now.
My last few hours home, recovering, before I get thrusted back into everyday college life. I'm scared, that something will happen like; an infection, my stitches pop, or something else, and I don't want to go through that without my mother. No, it's not that I want to stay home and not do anything,  I just want to be surrounded by my family who loves me and care about me.

Right now the wheels are turning in my head, trying to figure out how to get through the next two weeks of school. Pleas pray that I continue to get better, and get stronger. It's only a month + a few weeks till the end of the school year,  and i know I can do it. Just pray that I can mentally get through it, and not revert to old ways.


Love Always,
Sarah Anndrea


No comments:

Post a Comment