Monday, August 19, 2013

Frustrated

I'm really started to get frustrated. I know that I still live under her roof, and I understand t hat I need to respect my mom and my dad. My mom is just taking things further than normal. She almost forced me to go to the march on washington thing. Now don't get me wrong, I would love to spend time in DC, but I don't want to sit there and listen to people speak on a subject that does not interest me. Yes i know it's apart of history, but this is my summer break. Summer break means I don't have to learn anything, and i can just relax. Getting up at 4 and getting on a bus with a bunch of old people at 5 am does not sound fun or relaxing. It because I don't want to go she's forcing me to watch it on TV and write down everything. It's a Saturday, what if one of my friends wants to steal me for the day? Honestly if one of my friends wants me to hang out i'm going. But the sucky part is already told people I wasn't going to be home saturday. So now everyone else has plans. UGH so frustrating. I know I probably sound really stupid, but I hate when my mom signs me up for things, I say I don't want to go and she says i'm going and than the day before says i'm not!! WHAT!!!

She gets pissed at me when I change my plans last minute, but than expects me to be all good when she changes my plans last minute for me! Doesn't make any sense. Sometimes I just wish she would understand where I'm coming from. Obviously that's not going to happen any time soon. Well looks like my saturday's going to suck.  Hope yours is better.

On the positive side, i've been working on some new art stuff, which is fun. I'm trying to get more work out there so i can start selling. Well I think i'm going to go to sleep now, I'm tired of all of this. I know i should want to learn about this stuff, but it's just not interesting. It happened it was the past, I've learned about it in school and from the older people in my family. I didn't live it, I haven't lived it. I think I find it annoying because my mom is waiting till now, when i'm almost 20 to tell me i'm going to these things. And she says that I've been to events like this before, but when I was like 5 and under! I don't remember most of my childhood before the age of 5. And I try not to think about the rest because I didn't fit in anywhere. So the whole race thing just always annoyed me. We are all people just live with what your given and deal with, that's what I did and I'm happy.

Also I guess I don't see the point in listening to people who fought so much for civil rights, but are against gay rights. It doesn't' make any sense. You fought so much to have your equal rights, why can't the LGBT community have the same rights? Am I wrong to think it's hypocritical to go to a march to show how everyone should have equal rights when i know the people I would be going with are against equal rights for the LGBT community? No I am not a Lesbian or bisexual, but I have friends, really close friends who are Lesbians, or gay, or bisexual. And they are great people and it sucks that I can get married. I know that DOMA was deemed unconstitutional but that doesn't mean people aren't going to fight it. Even around the world, people are so worried about civil rights for races, but not even thinking about sexuality. I mean look at Russia, gay right's activists are being beaten for kissing in the streets, for having a march, just like what MLK Jr. did. Yet people can't see that it's the same thing happening. They say that it's different. It's not. People are fighting for their right to love, have kids, get married.  Go look at this link and tell me this isn't the same type of things that the African American community went through 50 years ago.

Please leave a comment on what you think.


Sarah Anndrea

Food Journal
Special K

Bocca burger and carrots

Chinese food
ice tea (homemade)

Just dance for 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment